© Iryna Chovcha, Postgraduate Student, ORCID: 0000-0002-7299-8063, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Transport University
TO THE CHOICE OF COMPOSITION AND MASS PARAMETERS OF TRAILERS FOR CARS
Abstract. The development of small and medium-sized businesses in Ukraine has led to an increase in the demand for trailers used in conjunction with cars. These are, first of all, trailers of categories O1 and O2. Category O1 trailers include, as a rule, trailers with a total mass of up to 0.75 tons, and category O2 trailers include single- and two-axle trailers with centrally located axles with a total mass of 0.75 to 3.5 tons. M1, first of all, is connected with the need of their owners for the constant transportation of oversized cargo of small carrying capacity or for the transportation of boats, boats, ATVs, snowmobiles and other equipment. Separate types of trailers for passenger cars are residential trailers and special trailers used for retail trade (commercial trailers). For these trailers, which are operated, as a rule, by private entrepreneurs and amateurs, rational parameters for loading onto a traction vehicle and trailer, in particular, the location of the load in the trailer, are not always met. Therefore, the influence of design and operational factors on the maneuverability and stability of the road train was considered. At the same time, it was found that for low-tonnage road trains, their operational properties, in particular, maneuverability and driving stability, significantly depend on the mass and layout parameters of trailers of the O1 and O2 categories. It is shown that the critical speed of the road train within 25 m/s is provided by any length of the drawbar used for the calculation. At the same time, the position of the center of gravity of the trailer and the position of the hitch point significantly affect the critical speed of the road train, and to ensure it at the level of 25 m/s, L2v should be at least 0.5, and Szch should be more than 0.375. With an increase in the load on the towing device, the critical speed of movement over the entire range of angles of rotation of the steered wheels of the traction vehicle decreases, which must also be taken into account when loading the trailer and locating the center of gravity.
Keywords: autopoezd, trailer, category, traektory, maneuverability, stability, parameters, movement.
1. Gorving.ca. (2010). FoldingCampingTrailer (fold-down): a towable RV. Retrieved from http://www.folding-camper.com/
2. Travel Trailers. (2022). Buying a trailer tent or folding camper. Retrieved from http://gorving.ca/travel-trailers/.
3. Volhyn V. V. (2005). Prytsepy k lehkovym avtomobylyam [Trailers for cars]. Moscow, Astrel’, 89. [in Russian].
4. Wikipedia. (2022). Vehicle size class. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_size_class.
5. Pashchenko L. (2007). Aksessuary – Prytsepy dlia lehkovoho avtomobylia. [Trailers for a car]. Klakson, 9. [in Russian]
6. GoRVing Canada. (2022). Fifth Wheel Trailer. Retrieved from http://gorving.ca/rv/fifth-wheel-travel-trailer/.
7. Ukravtozapchastyna. (2012). Prychepy vantazhni bahatofunktsionalni. [Multifunctional cargo trailers]. Retrieved from http://uaz-upi.com/price [in Ukrainian].
8. Langustdesign. (2022). Odnoosnye avtoprytsepy. Prytsepy k lehkovym avtomobyliam [Single axle trailers. Trailers for cars]. Retrieved from https://langustdesign.ru/buildings-and-outbuildings/uniaxial-trailers-trailers-for-cars/ [in Russian]
9. Timkov O. M. (2005). Polipshennia pokaznykiv manevrenosti ta stiikosti avtopoizdiv z nablyzhenymy osiamy prychepa [Improving the maneuverability and stability of road trains with approximate axles of the trailer]. Kyiv, NTU, 158. [in Ukrainian]
10. V. P. Sakhno, R. M. Kuznietsov, V. V. Stelmashchuk, L. S. Kozachuk. (2015). Vplyv navantazhennia na tiahovo-zchipnyi prystrii na stiikist rukhu avtopoizda katehorii M1 u perekhidnykh rezhymakh rukhu [The impact of the load on hauling-coupling device on the stability of motion of the vehicle trailer combination of M1 category in transitive modes of motion]. Suchasni tekhnolohii v mashynobuduvanni ta transporti. Naukovyi zhurnal, Lutsk, Lutskyi NTU, 1, 3,148-157. [in Ukrainian]