© Volodymyr Trokhymchenko, Postgraduate, Researcher of the Department of Enforcement International Agreements, ORCID: 0000-0002-8276-8675, е-mail: email@example.com
State Enterprise «State Road Transport Research Institute»
IMPACT OF ROAD IRREGULARITIES ON THE AUTOMOBILE, ROAD SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION. DEVELOPMENT OF A MEASURING COMPLEX TO DETERMINE SUCH AN IMPACT
Abstract. It was established that the automobile overcome different types of bumps while driving. Such irregularities can be either accidental (such as potholes, ruts or swells) or artificial, such as traffic braking devices. The academic paper deals an actual issue of the impact of road irregularities on automobile, elements of automobile suspension, road safety and environmental pollution. In the article is about the importance of development a measuring complex (necessary for conducting an experimental study to determine the impact of road irregularities on the parameters of the automobile’s movement), for which a section of the road will be selected, on which road irregularities of various types will be present. The experimental test will be carried out while the automobile is driving over artificial road bumps (they have standardized parameters and shapes compared to random bumps). This will simplify the mathematical calculations that are necessary to determine the expediency of further research. The measuring complex will include: a fuel flow meter, a speed meter and equipment that will measure acceleration on elements of automobile suspension when automobile crossing road bumps. At the same time, the acceleration on the elements of the automobile suspension will be recorded using the Arduino UNO microcontroller and several MPU 6050 accelerometer sensors. The automobile will be across two types of artificial road bumps (recumbent policeman and elevated pedestrian crossing) in the specified range – from 15 km/h to 50 km/h with intervals of 5 km/h. The test will be carried out in two stages. The first stage consists of overcoming artificial road bumps without stopping. The second stage: overcoming artificial road bumps with a complete stop in front of an obstacle.
Keywords: automobile, automobile suspension, road bumps, impact of road bumps on elements of automobile suspension, environmental pollution, creation of a measuring complex for researching the impact of road bumps on road safety.
1. DSTU 4123:2020. (2020). Bezpeka dorozhn’oho rukhu. Zasoby zaspokoyennya rukhu. Zahal’ni tekhnichni vymohy. [Traffic safety. Means of traffic calming. General technical requirements]. Kyiv. Retrieved from http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page.html?id_doc=90493
2. Archives of Automotive Engineering. (2014). Analysis of the influence of additional unsprung mass of in-wheel motors on the comfort and safety of a passenger car. Retrieved from http://www.aaejournal.com/Analysis-of-the-influence-of-additional-unsprung-mass-of-in-wheel-motors-on-the-comfort,99354,0,2.html
3. Ukrainian Law. (2018). Pro Skhavennya Natsionalnoi Transportnoi Stratekhii [About approval of National Transport Strategy] : Decree of Government of Ukraine #430-p from 30.05.2018. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/430-2018-%D1%80.
4. Arduino UNO. (2022). Kharakterystyka ta zahal’ni vidomosti shchodo mikrokontrolera Arduino UNO. [Characteristics and general information about the Arduino UNO microcontroller]. Retrieved from: https://doc.arduino.ua/ru/hardware/Uno.
5. Spurkfun. (2022). Kharakterystyka ta zahal’ni vidomosti shchodo datchykiv-akselerometriv ADXL337 ta ADXL377. [Characteristics and general information about the ADXL337 and ADXL377 accelerometer sensors]. USA. Retrieved from: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/adxl337-and-adxl377-accelerometer-hookup-guide/all.
6. Arduino UNO. (2022). Kharakterystyka ta zahal’ni vidomosti shchodo datchyka-akselerometra ADXL345. [Characteristics and general information about the ADXL345 accelerometer sensor]. Retrieved from: https://arduino.ua/prod2516-3-osevoi-akselerometr-gy-291-adxl345.
7. Intcom. (2022). Kharakterystyka ta zahal’ni vidomosti shchodo datchyka-akselerometra MMA7361. [Characteristics and general information about the MMA7361 accelerometer sensor ]. Retrieved from: http://int.com.ua/index.php?route =product/product&product_id=3252.
8. Arduino UNO. (2022). Kharakterystyka ta zahal’ni vidomosti shchodo datchyka akselerometra MPU6050. [Characteristics and general information about the MPU6050 accelerometer sensor]. Retrieved from: https://arduino.ua/prod512-akselerometr-i-giroskop-mpu-6050-modyl-6dof