© Serhii Andrusenko, PhD in Technical Science, Professor, Head of the Department of Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Service, ORCID: 0000-0002-9914-0200, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
© Valerii Budnychenko, PhD in Technical Science, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Service, ORCID: 0000-0002-1235-3781, e-mail: email@example.com;
© Vladyslav Podpisnov, Senior Lecturer of the Department of Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Service, ORCID: 0000-0002-8583-1502, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Transport University
Development of methods for operating costs calculating for buses and trolleybuses equipped with different types of power plants
Abstract. This article proposes a methodology for calculating the unit operating costs of buses and trolleybuses with different types of power plants and presents the results of comparison between operation costs of buses with internal combustion engines, electric buses, conventional trolleybuses and ones equipped with autonomous driving.
The object of the study are operating costs for buses and trolleybuses with different types of power units on the route with partial catenary absence for urban passenger transportation in normal modes of running.
The objective of the study is to develop a methodology for comparative analysis of operating costs for buses and trolley buses with different types of power units and determine the feasibility and effectiveness of using different types of vehicles on the routes with partial autonomous driving.
Research methods: mathematical modeling of operating costs formation for buses and trolleybuses with different types of power plants when used on the routes with partial catenary absence where it is necessary to use autonomous running.
The structure of operating costs for urban passenger transportation is analyzed, revealing those that have the greatest impact on operating costs.
The initial data base for the calculations is formed.
A program for calculating unit operating costs per 1 km in Microsoft Excel for the route with partial autonomous driving was developed.
The calculations show that using of trolleybuses with autonomous driving is more expensive than buses using at the same cost. We can achieve positive effect with a certain portion of autonomous driving, if the cost of autonomous trolleybuses are reduced compared to new vehicles cost, for example, due to rolling stock production by the enterprise.
Keywords: comparison, operating costs, bus, trolleybus, autonomous driving, power plant, catenary, diesel generator, battery.
1. Pochemu Ukraine nuzhnyi trolleybusyi s avtonomnyim hodom [Why Ukraine need trolleybuses with autonomous running]. Retrieved from: https://traffic.od.ua/blogs/1541/1213685 (accessed 10.10.2021) [in Russian].
2. Pyat novyih trolleybusov s avtonomnyim hodom v Zaporozhe gotovyatsya k vyihodu na marshrutyi [Five new autonomous trolleybuses in Zaporozhye are being prepared to enter the routes]. Retrieved from: http://iz.com.ua/zaporoje/pyat-novyih-trolleybusov-s-avtonomnyim-hodom-v-zaporozhe-gotovyat-k-vyihodu-na-marshrutyi (accessed 09.10.2021) [in Russian].
3. Tyagovyye batarei trolleybusov s udlinennym avtonomnym khodom [Traction batteries for trolleybuses with increased autonomous running]. Retrieved from: https://www.liotech.ru/products/batarei-i-nakopiteli/tyagovye-batarei-trolleybusov-s-avtonomnym-khodom/ (accessed 04.11.2021) [in Russian].
4. Trolleybus s uvelichennym avtonomnym khodom [Trolleybus with increased autonomous running]. Retrieved from: https://www.liotech.ru/docs/Katalog_Liotech.pdf (accessed 02.11.2021) [in Russian].
5. Elektrobusy, trolleybusy [Electric buses, trolleybuses]. Retrieved from: https://holdingbkm.com/catalog/elektrobusy/ (accessed 02.11.2021) [in Russian].
6. V Rovno nachali ispytyvat gibridnyy trolleybus s dizelnym generatorom [In Rivne, one has started hybrid trolleybus with a diesel generator testing]. Retrieved from: https://traffic.od.ua/news/eltransua/1186511 (accessed 23.10.2021) [in Russian].
7. Rozbih tsin na troleibusy v Ukraini [Price differential for trolleybuses in Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://nashigroshi.org/2018/04/20/rozbih-tsin-na-trolejbusy-v-ukrajini/ (accessed 15.10.2021) [in Ukrainian].
8. Polozhennia (standart) bukhhalterskoho obliku 16 «Vytraty» [Business accounting standard 16 ] «Expenses»]. Retrieved from: https://buhgalter911.com/normativnaya-baza/instr-plan-rah/standart-buhgalterskogo/ (accessed 15.10.2021) [in Ukrainian].
9. Methodology of tariffs calculation for passenger road transport services (approved by the Order of the Transport and Communications Ministry of Ukraine № 1175, 17.11.2009) (2009). Ofitsijnyj visnyk Ukrainy [Official Gazette of Ukraine], 95, art. 3290.
10. The order of tariffs formation for urban electric transport services (tram, trolleybus) (approved by the Order of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine № 940, 25.11.2013) (2013). Ofitsijnyj visnyk Ukrainy [Official Gazette of Ukraine], 96, art. 3572.
11. Polozhennia (standart) bukhhalterskoho obliku 7 «Osnovni zasoby» [Business accounting standard 7 «Fixed assets»]. Retrieved from: https://buhgalter911.com/normativnaya-baza/instr-plan-rah/standart-buhgalterskogo/ (accessed 15.10.2021) [in Ukrainian].
12. Andrusenko, S.I., Bortnytskyi, P.I., Buhaichuk, O.S., et al. (2009). Tekhnolohichne proektuvannia avtotransportnykh pidpryiemstv [Technical design for motor transport enterprises]. Kyiv: Karavela [in Ukrainian].
13. Bolbas, M.M., et. al. (2012). Proyektirovaniye predpriyatiy avtomobilnogo transporta: raschet proizvodstvennoy programmy i obyema rаbot po tekhnicheskomu obsluzhivaniyu i remontu transportnykh sredstv: metodicheskoye posobiye [Motor transport enterprises design: calculation of production program and amount of work for vehicle maintenance]. Minsk: Belarusian National Technical University [in Russian].
14. Metodicheskiye rekomendatsii po raschetu ekonomicheski obosnovannoy stoimosti perevozki passazhirov i bagazha v gorodskom i prigorodnom soobshchenii avtomobilnym i gorodskim nazemnym elektricheskim transportom obshchego polzovaniya [Guidelines for economically justified cost calculating for passengers and baggage transportation in urban and suburban traffic by road and urban ground electric transport in public use]. Retrieved from: http://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/70466920/ (accessed 10.10.2021) [in Russian].
15. Andrusenko, S.I., Budnychenko, V.B., Podpisnov, V.S. (2019). Zvit pro naukovo-doslidnu robotu “Porivniannia ekspluatatsiinykh vytrat avtobusiv ta troleibusiv z riznymy vydamy sylovykh ustanovok” [Research report “Comparison of operating costs for buses and trolleybuses equipped with different types of power plants”]. UA copyright certificate No. 95641.
16. Fuel and lubricants consumption rates in motor transport (approved by the Order of the Transport and Communications Ministry of Ukraine № 43, 10.02.1998). Balans-Biudzhet, 2008, № 29.
17. Ekspluatatsiini normy serednoho resursu pnevmatychnykh shyn kolisnykh transportnykh zasobiv i spetsialnykh mashyn, vykonanykh na kolisnykh shasi [Operational norms for average resource of pneumatic tires for wheeled vehicles and special cars executed on wheeled chassis] (approved by the Order of the Transport and Communications Ministry of Ukraine № 488, 20.05.2006) (2006). Ofitsijnyj visnyk Ukrainy [Official Gazette of Ukraine], 25, art. 1837.
18. Dizelnyye Generatornyye Ustanovki [Diesel Generator Sets]. Retrieved from: https://www.fgwilson.com/ru_RU/products/new/fg-wilson/diesel-generators.html (accessed 05.11.2021) [in Russian].
19. Reglament provedeniya TO dlya uvelicheniye sroka sluzhby dizel-generatorov [Maintenance schedule to increase diesel generator sets service life]. Retrieved from: https://tcip.ru/blog/dizel-generatory/reglament-provedeniya-to-dlya-uvelichenie-sroka-sluzhby-dizel-generatorov.html (accessed 05.11.2021) [in Russian].
20. Obshchesoyuznyye normy tekhnologicheskogo proyektirovaniya predpriyatiy avtomobilnogo transporta [All-Union norms for road transport enterprises technical design]. Retrieved from: https://dnaop.com/html/46219/doc-%D0%9E%D0%9D%D0%A2%D0%9F_01-91 (accessed 09.11.2021) [in Russian].