© Viktor Poljakov, Candidate of Technical Sciences, associate professor, professor of Automobiles Department, ORCID: 0000-0001-7042-3066, e-mail: email@example.com;
© Denys Popelych, Postgraduate Student of Automobiles Department, ORCID: 0000-0001-9506-6421, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
© Volodymyr Sakhno, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Head of Automobiles Department, ORCID: 0000-0002-5144-7131, e-mail: email@example.com;
© Galyna Filipova, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Professor, Automobiles Department, ORCID: 0000-0003-3427-7633, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
© Svitlana Sharai, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, Professor, Department of International Transport and Customs Control, ORCID: 0000-0001-6568-4990, e-mail: email@example.com
National Transport University
To the comparative evaluation of three-link buses of different compound schemes for traffic stability
Abstract. The article develops a mathematical model describing the movement of a three-link articulated bus (two-axle bus and two single-axle trailers), further ТAВ, as a four-mass system, taking into account the control wheel module of the bus. The system allows to study the influence of the design parameters of the bus and trailers on the stability of the ТAВ.
The object of the study is the stability of the articulated bus with drive either on the axle of the bus or on the axle of the first trailer.
The purpose of the work is a comparative evaluation of articulated buses with drive either on the bus axle or on the axle of the trailer in terms of stability.
Research methods – mathematical modeling of the stability of the movement of a three-link articulated bus (two-axle bus and two uniaxial trailers) with drive either on the bus axle or on the axle of the first trailer.
As a result of the study, it was found that at the selected values of the design parameters of the ТAВ, the critical speed when applying traction to the bus axis was 31.19 m / s, which exceeds the maximum speed of its movement.
When implementing traction on the axis of the trailer, the loss of stability of circular stationary modes is realized at values of 0.08 <alpha <0.09 (alpha – coefficient determining the share of normal reaction of the bearing surface on the wheels of the bus or trailer driving wheels), and the loss of stability of rectilinear motion – at alpha = 0,0815. The critical velocity in this case is vkp = 12.34 m / s.
Analysis of the conditions of static stability of the ТAВ during the implementation of traction on the axis of the trailer showed that the value of the drag coefficient does not affect the critical speed (not included in the expression of critical speed), and the value of rolling resistance coefficients on the first and second axles slightly affects the critical speed . and a critical value of the alpha parameter that determines the amount of traction. At the same time, even with optimally selected stiffness and layout parameters, the critical speed of articulated buses does not exceed 12.5 m / s, that is, such buses need a special system of opposition.
Keywords: articulated bus, stability, critical speed, traction force, driving mode, trailer, support surface reaction.
1. N. L. Belevtsova, V. G. Verbitsky, A. M. Efimenko. (2014). Analysis of the durability of a special-purpose wagon on cylindrical rubberized wheels. Bulletin of KhNADU, 67, 19-24.
2. V. P. Sakhno, В. М. Polyakov, S. M. Sharay, I. S. Murovany, O. E. Omelnytsky. (2021). Articulated buses. Maneuverability and stability: monograph, Lutsk, IVV Lutsk NTU, 288.
3. Vladimir Sakhno, Igor Murovany, Svitlana Sharai, Vadim Seleznev. (2017). Comparative evalution of maneurability of large and extra large class buses. Mobile machines. International scentific conference, Kaunas, Lithuania. Aleksandras Stulginskis University, 38-47.
4. Sakhno V. P., Marchuk M. M., Marchuk R. M. (2017). Study of long haul truck movement along the curvilinear trajectory while steering a carryall semi-trailer – container by braking the wheels of one axle, INMATEH, Agricultural Engineering, 52, 2, 107-112.
5. V. P. Sakhno, V. V. Bilichenko, V. M. Polyakov, O. E. Omelnitsky. (2018). Maneuverability of metrobusysv. Bulletin of mechanical engineering and transport: scientific journal. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Vinnytsia National Technical University, Vinnytsia, VNTU, 2, 6, 131-140.
6. V. P. Sakhno, В. G. Verbytsky, A. E. Bondarenko, A. O. Englezy. (2007). Equation of motion of a four-link trailer train model, Motorway of Ukraine, Installment. Bulletin of the Northern Scientific Center of TAU, 10, 117-120.
7. V. P. Sakhno, A. Ye. Bondarenko, V. M. Glinchuk, O. A. Englezy. (2009). Equations of motion of a three-link road train of the “B-Double” type. Motorway of Ukraine, Installment, Bulletin of the Northern Scientific Center of TAU, 12, 164-169.
8. V. Sakhno, V. Poljakov, I. Myrovany, V. Seleznov. (2016). Determination of movement stability of especiality large class hybrid bus with active trailer. INMATEN, Agricultural engineering, 49, 2, 107-118.
9. V. P. Sakhno, V. M. Polyakov, I. S. Murovany, V. E. Seleznev. (2016). To the preliminary assessment of the stability of the hybrid bus especially large class with an active trailer. Bulletin of the Kharkiv National Automobile and Road University, 75, 75-82.
10. Volodimir Sakhno, Juraj Gerlici, Victor Poliakov, Alexandr Kravchenko, Oleg Omelnitsky, Tomas Lask. (September 4-7, 2018). Road train motion stability in BRT system. XXIII Polish-Slovak Scientific Conference Machine Modelling and Simulation, MMS 2018, Book of abstracts, Rydzyna Poland, 49-57.
11. Sakhno Volodymyr, Omelnytskyi Oleg, Poliakov Victor. (2018). До питання щодо маневреності метробуса. Systemy і srodki transportu samochodowego. Badania, konstrukcja i technologia. Wybrane zagadnienia, Monografia 12, Seria “Transport”, Rzeszow, 101–108.
12. V. P. Sakhno, V. M. Polyakov, O. E. Omelnitsky. (2018). Maneuverability of a three-link metro bus. Scientific Papers of the International scientific-practical conference “Latest technologies for the development of road transport”, Kharkiv National Automobile and Road University, Research Expert Forensic Center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, 305-308.
13. Volodimir Sakhno, Juraj Gerlici, Victor Poliakov, Alexandr Kravchenko, Oleg Omelnitsky, Tomas Lask. (September 4-7, 2018). Road train motion stability in BRT system. XXIII Polish-Slovak Scientific Conference Machine Modelling and Simulation, MMS 2018, Book of abstracts, Rydzyna Poland, 49.
14. Ingobert Schmid. (1968). Engineering Approach to Truck and Tractor Train Stability. SAE Transactions, 76, 1, Papers 670006–670125, 1-26. Retrieved from https://www.jstor.org/stable/44553453
15. Kolesnikovich AN, Vygonny AG Stability of the trailer road train of the increased length (25,25 m) at rectilinear movement // Actual questions of mechanical engineering, Volume 7. -2018. –P.96-100.
16. Ren Luo. Hunting stability analysis of train system and comparison with single vehicle model //April 2008 Journal of Mechanical Engineering 44(04) DOI: 10.3901/JME.2008.04.184
17. The vertical motion lateral stability of road vehicle trains / https://trid.trb.org/view/112747
18. Nonlinear stability control of autonomous vehicles: a MIMO D2-IBC solution
Author links open overlay panel O.Galluppi, S.Formentin,, C.Novara, S.M.Savaresi //IFAC-Papers On Line. Volume 50, Issue 1, July 2017, Pages 3691-3696
19. Modeling and analyses of a connected multi-car train system employing the inerter/ Hsueh-Ju Chen,Wei-Jiun Su1 and Fu-ChengWang1//Special Issue Article .Advances in Mechanical Engineering 2017, Vol. 9(8) 1–13, 2017 DOI: 10.1177/1687814017701703
20. Volodimir Sakhno, Juraj Gerlici, Victor Poliakov, Alexandr Kravchenko, Oleg Omelnitsky, Tomas Lask. Road train motion stability in BRT system //XXIII Polish-Slovak Scientific Conference Machine Modelling and Simulation. MMS 2018.- Book of abstracts, September 4-7, 2018, Rydzyna Poland, p.49. https://doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201925403007. MMS 2018