© Serhiy Holovko, Candidate of Technical Sciences, Senior Research Officer,
ABOUT MODERN POSSIBILITIES OF REUSING ROAD-BUILDING MATERIALS WHEN REPAIRING ROAD PAVEMENTS OF AN IMPROVED LIGHTWEIGHT TYPE
Abstract. At present, when developing design solutions for the repair of non-rigid road pavements of an improved lightweight type, they provide for the device of a base layer using cold recycling technology or from a crushed stone-sand mixture treated with a mineral or complex binder, and two layers of asphalt concrete are laid on top. Based on the results of exploratory studies aimed at wider reuse of road building materials, it is proposed, when repairing a road surface of an improved lightweight type, instead of the top layer of a base made of asphalt concrete, arrange a layer of road material made by the technology of cold recycling ” in the mixer” using an organic binder, and the bottom layer of the base should be made of road material made by the technology of cold recycling “on the road” using a mineral or complex binder. Considering that Ukraine has insufficient experience in preparing mixtures using cold recycling technology using foamed bitumen or bitumen emulsion, the features of their manufacture are given. After milling the asphalt concrete, the bottom layer of the base is reinforced from the road material made using the cold recycling technology “on the road” using a mineral or complex binder. Layers of materials arranged according to the technology of cold recycling, due to processing with a small amount of binders, have insufficient resistance to the action of the wheels of vehicles, and therefore, on top of these layers, it is necessary to arrange a coating layer of materials that provide resistance to dynamic action. The given approach allows to obtain a reduction in the cost of pavement repair due to a decrease in energy consumption for the preparation of asphalt concrete, since the production of materials using cold recycling technologies does not provide for heating the material.
Keywords: improved lightweight road clothes, reuse, foamed bitumen, bitumen emulsion, cold recycling.
1. Electronically https://www.wirtgen-group.com/ocs/en-s/wirtgen/recyclers-and-soil-stabilizers-65-c/.
2. Vurozhemskiiy, V. K., Golovko, S. K., Cold recycling – efective tehnology of restoration of pavements. Kielce, 2004.
3. Recommendations for cold recycling of road load with a set of machines WR 2500 and WМ 1000 Р В. 3.2-218-03450778-301-2004.
4. Recycling of road clothes. Part 1–3. Edited by V. Zhdanyuk and D. Sibilskiy, Kharkiv, 2006.
5. VBN V.2.3-218-539: 2007 Set up transport. Vlashtuvannya spheres of the road haulage of automobile roads zagalnaya koristuvannya from cold summits, which is to take revenge on milling asphalt concrete.
6. VBN V.2.3-218-545: 2009 Set up transport. Strengthening and stabilizing the balls of road traffic using the method of cold recycling.
7. SOU 45.2-00018112-061: 2011. Good news. The sum of organo-mineral road materials from milling road materials, prepared using the method of cold recycling. Technical mind.
8. DSTU 8976: 2020 Road materials prepared for cold recycling technology. Technical mind.
9. DSTU 8978: 2020 Nastanov for the regulation of the road dressing for the technology of cold recycling.
10. DSTU B V.2.7-119: 2011 Sumy asphalt concrete and asphalt concrete road and aerodromny. Technical mind.
11. TU U 42.1-21483639-006: 2020 Sumy asphalt concrete and asphalt concrete dispersed – reinforced with Forta® fibers. Technical mind.
12. GBN V.2.3-37641918-544: 2014 Automobile roads. Stagnation of geosynthetic materials in road constructions. Main vimogs.
13. DSTU 8888: 2019 Geo-grids of polymeric zhorstki trivіnоorієntovanі. General technical vimogi.
14. Golovko, S. K. Reinforcement is an effective way to improve the performance of loose layers of pavement. Road industry 2012.
15. Golovko, S. K. New approaches in increasing the capital of road clothes during their repair Collection “Roads and Bridges” vol. 22 pp. 86-94 DOI: https://doi.org/10.36100/dorogimosti2020.22.086.
16. DBN B.2.3-4: 2015. Highways. Part I. Design Part II.
17. GBN B.2.3-37641918-559: 2019 Non-rigid road clothes. Designing.