© Tetiana Bondar, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
© Olga Belenchuk, e-mail: email@example.com,
© Yevhen Tepliuk, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
© Oleksandr Pyna, e-mail: email@example.com,
ACCIDENT ANALYSIS – THE WAY TO EFFECTIVE TRAFFIC SAFETY MANAGEMENT ON ROADS
Abstract. Road safety management begins with a detailed analysis of accidents, which is reflected in Article 24 of the Law of Ukraine “On Road Traffic” which states that when performing repairs and maintenance of roads, streets and railway crossings road maintenance organizations in the first place should take measures for road safety on the basis of accounting and analysis of road accidents, results of inspections and surveys of roads, streets and railway crossings, and especially in emergency and dangerous areas and in places of concentration of road accidents.
The problem of reducing the accident rate and reducing the number of victims of road accidents during the maintenance of roads has so far been solved mainly by identifying areas (places) of concentration of accidents with the development of measures to improve road conditions and improve the organization of traffic on them and conducting annual commission spring and autumn inspections of the road network by representatives of road organizations and the police.
However, the areas of concentration of road accidents were not fully covered on the road network of local significance due to the lack of accurate reference of the places of accident in the accident registration cards, as well as they were not identified on the streets and roads of cities and other settlements due to the absence of any criteria for their identification and therefore the maximum efficiency from introduction of management of sites (places) of concentration of road accident isn’t reached.
The article analyzes the criteria for determining the areas of concentration of accidents on public roads in different periods, examines the dynamics of the number of areas of concentration of accidents and considers other modern opportunities for effective traffic safety management, in particular, inspection (inspection) of existing roads.
Keywords: accident, highways, road safety, areas (places) of concentration of road accidents, black spots, road safety inspections.
1. Zakon Ukrayiny «Pro dorozhniy rukh». [Law of Ukraine “On Road Traffic”]
URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3353-12#Text (date of application 15.04.2021) [in Ukraine].
2. Zabyshnyj A. S. Veroyatnostnye metody v ocenkah vliyaniya dorozhnyh uslovij na bezopasnost’ dvizheniya. [Probabilistic methods in assessing the impact of road conditions on road safety] – Kiev, 1989. – 15s. (Preprint AN USSR. Institut matematiki; 89, 73) [in Russian].
3. Zabyshnyj A. S. Ponyatiya teorii veroyatnostej i matematicheskoj statistiki v analizah pokilometrovogo raspredeleniya DTP na avtomobil’nyh dorogah. [Concepts of the theory of probability and mathematical statistics in the analysis of per-kilometer distribution of road accidents] \\ Avtomobilʹni dorohy i dorozhnye budivnytstvo. – K.: Budіvel’nik, 1989. Vip. 44. – S. 109-114 [in Russian].
4. Zabyshnyj A. S. Absolyutnye znacheniya sluchajnyh i ne sluchajnyh DTP v razlichnyh urovnyah ih koncentracii na kilometrah dorog [Absolute values of accidental and non-accidental accidents at various levels of their concentration on kilometers of roads]: – K.: Gosdornii., 1990. – 12 s. – Rus. – Dep. v UkrNIINTI 25.06.90., № 1142.– Uk 90 [in Russian].
5. Zabyshnyj A. S. Kriterij ocenki vozniknoveniya DTP iz-za nesovershenstva dorozhnyh uslovij. [Criterion for assessing the occurrence of an accident due to imperfect road conditions] \\ Avtodorozhnik Ukrainy. – 1983. – №1. – S. 38-40 [in Russian].
6 Zabyshnyj A. S. Metodika ocenki roli dorozhnyh uslovij v vozniknovenii DTP na uchastkah dorog. [Methodology for assessing the role of road conditions in the occurrence of road accidents on road sections] Gosdornii. Kiev, 1990. – 22s. – Rus. – Dep. v UkrNIINTI 12.07.90., №1161. – Uk 90 [in Russian].
7. Zabyshnyi O. S. Matematychni modeli rozviazannia praktychnykh zadach pidvyshchennia bezpeky rukhu [Mathematical models for solving practical problems of improving traffic safety] // Avtomobilni dorohy i dorozhnie budivnytstvo. – 1992. Vyp. 50. – S. 65-67 [in Ukraine].
8. SOU 45.2-00018112-007:2008 «Bezpeka dorozhnoho rukhu. Avtomobilni dorohy zahalnoho korystuvannia. Poriadok vyznachennia dilianok i mists kontsentratsii dorozhno-transportnykh pryhod na dorohakh zahalnoho korystuvannia» [Road safety. Public roads. The procedure for determining the areas and places of concentration of road accidents on public roads] Kyiv, 2008 (Information and documentation) [in Ukraine].
9. Zakon Ukrayiny «Pro vnesennya zmin do deyakykh zakoniv Ukrayiny shchodo upravlinnya bezpekoyu avtomobilʹnykh dorih». URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/200-20#Text (date of application 15.04.2021) [in Ukraine].
10. Directive 2008/96/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 November 2008 on road infrastructure safety management URL: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=celex%3A32008L0096 (date of application 15.04.2021) [in English]
11. M 03450778-700:2012 «Metodyka provedennya audytorsʹkykh perevirok z bezpeky dorozhnʹoho rukhu na stadiyi ekspluatatsiyi avtomobilʹnykh dorih zahalʹnoho korystuvannya» [Methods of audits on road safety at the stage of operation of public roads] Kyiv, 2012 (Information and documentation) [in Ukraine].