© Volodymyr Sakhno, Doctor of Science in Engineering (D.Sc.), Professor, Head of Automobiles Department, e-mail: email@example.com,
© Volodymyr Poliakov, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D.), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
© Dmytro Yaschenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D.), e-mail: email@example.com,
© Oleksii Korpach, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D.), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
(National Transport University);
© Denis Popelysh, Postgraduate Student, Head of Department of Approval of Converted Vehicles and their Components, e-mail: email@example.com,
(SE «State Road Transport Research Institute»)
ON THE QUESTION OF BRAKING ARTICULATED BUSES
Abstract. The safe movement of a car and a road train is largely determined by its braking properties. The nature of the movement of the road train is fundamentally different from the movement of a single car. The difference can be explained by the presence of additional forces arising in the articulation of the links of the vehicle, as well as forces and moments acting on its individual links and the movement of the vehicle as a whole. Their effect is especially noticeable when braking a road train, which may be accompanied by folding links and loss of stability of the vehicle. As a result of the study, the optimal values of the brake force distribution coefficients for a fully loaded articulated bus are obtained, which provide both high braking efficiency and the stability of the articulated bus (AВ) during braking. The coefficients are determined taking into account the design features of the brake mechanisms and their geometric dimensions, providing the required braking performance. For the selected values of the braking force distribution coefficients along the axes of the AВ and the coefficients that take into account the design features of the braking mechanisms and their geometric dimensions, the braking distance during braking by the main or working braking system and the spare one satisfy the requirements of regulatory documents. With the selected asynchronous response of the brake drives of the bus and trailer, the steady deceleration of the АВ is slightly less than the standard
Keywords: bus, trailer, articulated bus, braking, load, braking distance, deceleration, clutch.
1. Maneuverability and braking properties of wheeled machines / [M. A. Podrigalo, V.P. Volkov, V.I. Kirchaty, A.A. Boboshko]; Under. ed. M.A. Podrigalo.– Kharkiv: KhNADU Publishing House, 2003. – 403.
2. Increasing the stability and controllability of wheeled vehicles in braking modes: Monograph / [E. E. Alexandrov, V.P. Volkov, D.O. Volontsevich, etc.]; Ed. D.O. Volontsevich. – Kharkiv: NTU “KhPI”, 2007. – 320.
3. Zakin Ya. H. Applied theory of road train movement / Ya. H. Zakin. – М.: Тransport, 1967. – 252.
4. Constructions and calculation of automobile trains / [Ya. H. Zakin, M.M. Shchukin, S.Ya. Margolis, etc.]; under. ed. J. H. Zakina. – L.: Mashinostroenie, 1968. – 332.
5. Podrigalo M.A. New in the theory of operational properties of cars and tractors: Monograph / M.A. Podrigalo. – Kharkiv, 2013. – 220.
6. Three-link road trains / J.E. Farobin, A.M. Yakobashvili, A.M. Ivanov, etc. Under LS. ed. Ya.E.Farobina – Mechanical Engineering, 1993. – 224.
7. Progniy P.B. To the analysis of the process of braking a truck without blocking the wheels / P.B. Progniy // Project management, systems analysis and logistics: Scientific journal. – Vip. 13. – К.: NTU, 2014. – 138-146.
8. Kravchuk, P.M. Mathematical model of road train movement in braking mode / P.M. Kravchuk, O.K. Grishchuk // Motorway of Ukraine. – 2008. – №2. – P. 22-23.
9. Kravchuk PM Stability of road train movement in braking mode [Text] / P.M. Kravchuk, O.K. Grishchuk, Yu.V.Babin//Motorway of Ukraine. – 2008. – №6. – P. 10-11.
10. Kravchuk PM Standardization of braking properties of wheeled vehicles in Ukraine / PM Kravchuk, R. Yu. Nilov, Yu. V. Babin // Scientific and production journal Road transport: In the realities of international law. – 2014. – № 2 (238). – P. 8-10.
11. DSTU UN / ECE R 13-09: 2002. Uniform technical prescriptions concerning the official type-approval of vehicles of categories M, N and O with regard to braking: UNECE Regulation № 13. – [Effective 14.01.2008]. – Geneva: United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, 2008. – 276.