© Volodymyr Sakhno, Doctor of Engineering (D.Sc.), Professor, Head of Automobiles Department, e-mail: email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0002-5144-7131;
© Vasyl Mateichyk, Doctor of Engineering (D.Sc.), Professor of Ecology Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-3683-7246;
© Volodymyr Fedorov, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D.), e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-1085-5112
(National Transport University);
©Volodymyr Kaskiv, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D.), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-8074-6798, Deputy Director on Scientific Work DerzhdorNDI SE
TO THE JUSTIFICATION OF THE APPLICATION OF NOISE PROTECTION SCREENS WITH HIGH NOISE-ABSORBING PROPERTIES
Abstract. The article is devoted to the justification of the use of noise protection structures with high noise – absorbing properties to reduce traffic noise.
Traffic noise has a negative impact on human health and the environment, so it is necessary to implement measures to reduce its level, including the use of noise protection structures. Noise protection structures are used to protect residential buildings from traffic noise and are classified according to various criteria: stage of road design, type of structure, height, material, position of structures in the transverse profile, longitudinal profile and acoustic properties for sound reflection and absorption. In terms of acoustic properties, noise protection structures are divided into noise-reflecting and noise-absorbing screens. The characteristics of noise-reflecting and noise-absorbing screens and features of their application on highways are considered. It is shown that the sound energy from the noise-reflecting screens is reflected in the opposite direction from the protected object; the noise-absorbing screens do not cause an increase in noise on the opposite side of the road and in the cabins of passing cars due to sound energy absorption. Methods for determining the acoustic efficiency of noise protection screens of different types are presented. A comparative evaluation of the acoustic efficiency of noise-reflecting and noise-absorbing screens was performed, which confirmed the higher acoustic efficiency of noise-absorbing screens. It is shown that with the same characteristics of the noise source in the range of levels 70–100 dB under the condition of four reflections of sound in the system “vehicle – screen” the noise level behind the noise-absorbing screen will be less by about 5 dB than the noise level behind the noise-reflecting screen.
Keywords: transport noise, noise protection screen, noise reflection, noise absorption, acoustic efficiency.
1. Lukanin V. N., Boguslaev A. P., Yashchina M. V. (2001). Edited by Lucanina V.N. Avtotransportnyye potoki i okruzhayushchaya sreda [Road flows and the environment]. Moscow, INRFAM, Textbook manual for universities, 646. [in Russian]
2. V. P. Mateichyk, A. A. Lavrov, K. V. Nagaichuk, K. V. Komar. (2019). Osobennosti modelirovaniya shumovogo zagryazneniya pridorozhnoy sredy transportnymi potokami s ispol’zovaniya Plant Simulation [Features of modeling roadside noise pollution by traffic using Plant Simulation]. Kyiv, Vestnik Natsional’nogo transportnogo universiteta. «Tekhnicheskiye nauki», 1, 43, 91–99.
3. Sakhno V. P., Mateichyk V. P., Kaskiv V. I., Fedorov V. V. (2020). Do pytannya shchodo sertyfikatsiyi shumozakhysnykh sporud [On the issue of certification of noise protection structures]. Kyiv, Avtoshlyahovik Ukraine, 2, 2–7. DOI: 10.33868/0365-8392-2020-2-262-2-7
4. DSTU UN / ECE R 51-02-2002 (2002) Yedyni tekhnichni prypysy shchodo ofitsiynoho zatverdzhennya avtotransportnykh zasobiv, shcho mayutʹ ne menshe chotyrʹokh kolis, stosovno stvoryuvanoho nymy shumu [Single technical records of official hardening of vehicles, just as many times as possible for them to noise (UN EEC Regulation №. 51-02: 1996, IDT)].
5. ROSAVTODOR. (2011). Metodicheskiye rekomendatsii po zashchity ot transportnogo shuma territoriy, prilegayushchikh k avtomobil’nym dorogam (pervaya redaktsiya). [Guidelines for the protection from traffic noise of territories adjacent to roads (first edition).] Federal’noye dorozhnoye agentstvo, Moscow, 127.
6. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2016). R V.1.1-03450778-872:2016 Rekomendatsii shchodo zmenshennia shumovoho navantazhennia vid avtomobilnoi dorohy na selbyshchnii terytorii. [R B.1.1-03450778-872: 2016 Recommendations for reducing the noise load from the highway in the village]. Kyiv.
7. Yu. F. Gutarevich, D. V. Zerkalov, A. G.Govorun, A. O. Korpach, L. P. Merzhiêvs’ka. (2005). Ekolohiya ta avtomobilʹnyy transport: Navch. posibnyk [Ecology and road transport: Textbook. manua]. Kyiv, NTU, 287.
8. Kovrigin S. D. (1980). Arkhitekturno-stroitel’naya akustika: Ucheb. posobiye dlya vuzov [Architectural and building acoustics: Textbook. manual for universities] Moscow, Vysheyshaya Shkola, 184. [in Russian]
9. Iofe V. K., Korol’kov V. G., Sapozhkov M. A. Ed. Sapozhnikova M. A. (1979). Spravochnik po akustike [Acoustic Reference]. Moscow, Svyaz’, 312. [in Russian]
10. Konturi L. (1960). Akustika v stroitel’stve [Acoustics in construction. Moscow, Gos. izd-vo literatury po stroitel’stvu, arkhitekture i stroitel’nym materialam. 235. [in Russian]
11. Fedorov, V. V. (2010). Zvukopoglinayucha plita. [Soundproof plate]. Patent No. 89255, bulletin “Industrial Property” No. 1.
12. Fedorov, V. V. (2013). Zvukopoglinayucha plita. [Soundproof plate]. Patent No. 102013, bulletin “Industrial Property” No. 10.