© Alla Novikova, Doctor of Economics (D.Sc.), Head of the Research Center of Complex Transport Problems, , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID /0000-0002-7165-8673 © Mykola Velisevich, Senior Researcher, Passenger and Cargo Transport Department, e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0003-4724-4478 © Olga Pospishna, Leading Engineer Passenger and Freight Transport Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0003-0549-1454 (SE «State Road Transport Research Institute»)
DEFINITION AND MEASUREMENT QUALITY CRITERIAS OF PUBLIC PASSENGER TRANSPORT SERVICE ACORDING TO THE EUROPEAN UNION EXPERIENCE
Abstract. The article outlines possible ways to solve the scientific and applied problem of defining and measuring the quality criteria of public passenger transport services, taking into account the European Union experience. The main method of achievment this goal is the development and implementation national standards for defining quality criteria for passenger transport services and their measurement systems. They are based on identical translations two European standards: EN 15140:2006 and EN 13816:2002. Standarts provide the definition eight main criterias of service quality and three main methods of measuring these criterias. The paper presents examples of measuring certain criterias. These standards are intended for using by all modes of land transport (road, rail, urban electric and subway). The relevant parts of these standards have be used during designing appropriate systems for a particular mode of transport, The basic scheme of actions concerning management of quality of services of public passenger transport is developed. Extended examples of methods for measuring the quality of public passenger transport services are provided. The practical significance of the results are: national quality standards will be allowed; clear rules of framework agreements the public procurement procedure for transport services are established; the quality of transport services will improved. This is especially important in the context of the administrative-territorial reform Ukraine, when the bus route network changes.
Keywords: measurement of service quality, public passenger transport, satisfaction of consumer needs, standarts, passenger transport services.
1. About Road Transport [Pro automobilnyi transport. The Law of Ukraine, 5 April, 2001, № 2344-III], Retrieved form: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2344-14. [In Ukraine]
2. About Public Procurement [Pro publichni zakupivli. The Law of Ukraine, 25 December, 2015, № 922-VIII], Retrieved form: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/922-19. [In Ukraine]
3. About the Statement Rules of Rendering of Services of Passenger road transport [Pro zatverdzhennya pravyl nadannya poslug pasazhyrskogo automobilnogo transportu, Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, 18 February, 1997, № 176], Retrieved form: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/176-97-%D0%BF#Text. [In Ukraine]
4. About the Statement the Order of carrying out competition on transportation of passengers on a public bus route [Pro zatverdzhennya poryadku provedennya konkursu z perevethennya pasazhyriv na autobusnomu marshruti zagalnogo korystuvannya, Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine,3 December, 2008], Retrieved form: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1081-2008-%D0%BF#Text. [In Ukraine]
5. EN 13816:2002 Transportation – Logistics and services – Public passenger transport – Service quality definition, targeting and measurement.
6. EN 13816:2006 Public passenger transport – Basic requirements and recommendations for systems that measure delivered service quality.