© Ivan Kopynets, Head of Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-0908-4795;
© Oleksii Sokolov, Head of Bituminous Binder Laboratory, e-mail: email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0002-4694-9647;
© Anton Zheltobriukh, Junior Researcher of Asphalt Laboratory, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; ORCID: 0000-0003-0764-8793;
© Vasiliy Golovchenko, Junior Researcher, e-mail: email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0001-5078-8682
(Bituminous Binder and Asphalt Department M. P. Shulgin State Road Research Institute State Enterprise)
INVESTIGATING THE POSSIBILITY USING CRUSHING MATERIALS OF PRODUCTION OF JSC «NIKOPOL FERROALLOY PLANT» DURING ROAD CONSTRUCTION
Abstract. Disposal of secondary materials is intended for the conservation of natural resources and the speedy maintenance of travels, as it is necessary to dispose of them in special missions. Utilization will be attracted by the countries of the European Union, in which all directives are in accordance with the provisions for managing the inputs. On the current year in Ukraine, there is no food utilization in the industry, that is why this part is located at the doorways that carry in itself a great risk for ecology, and only insignificant part is to be utilized in future events. This paper presents the results of a study of crushed stone materials produced by JSC «NIKOPOL FERROAL ALLOYS PLANT». Experimental researches on establishment of physical and mechanical properties of crushed stone of fraction of 5 – 10 mm, crushed stone of fraction of 10 – 20 mm, crushed stone of fraction of 20 – 40 mm, crushed stone of fraction of 40 – 70 mm, crushed stone-sand mix with the maximum grain size of 20 mm, crushed stone sand mixture with a maximum grain size of 40 mm, crushed stone-sand mixture with a maximum grain size of 70 mm and sand from screenings of crushing fraction 0 – 5 mm. The conformity of the studied materials to the requirements of national standards is established and the field of their application for the device of constructive layers of pavement is defined. Additional materials can be used without viscous for crushed stone spheres of road bedding (cover, base, additional basis), as well as with organic binders at the storage of asphalt concrete , black crushed stone, sums of organo-minerals from milling materials of road surfaces, which are prepared using the method of cold recycling, crushed stone-fueled sums, overgrown with inorganic knitting or a complex of knitting. Victory of pre-existing crushed stone materials for an hour of development of automobile roads to allow the change of technogenically new ones to the new environment, change of debts on the basis of victories of natural crushed stone materials and resources of vitality.
Keywords: industrial wastes, road pavement, metallurgical slag, crushed stone, crushed stone-sand mixtures.
1. Sokolov, O. V., Zhelotobryukh, A. D., Kopynets, I. V., Kasʹkiv, V. I. (2020). Vykorystannya vidkhodiv promyslovosti v dorozhnʹomu budivnytstvi [The use of industrial waste in road construction]. Dorohy i mosty, 21, 110-119.
2. Government portal of Ukraine. (2018). State target economic program for the development of public roads of state importance for 2018-2022. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/news/derzhavna-cilova-ekonomichna-programa-rozvitku-avtomobilnih-dorig-zagalnogo-koristuvannya-derzhavnogo-znachennya-na-2018-2022-roki
3. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. (2019). Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 4, 2019 № 1420-r “On the use of industrial waste in road construction. Retrieved from https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-zastosuvannya-vidhodiv-virobnic-a1420r
4. Dunster, A. M. (2017). The use of blastfurnace slag and steel slag as aggregates. Proceedings of the Fourth European Symposium on Performance of Bituminous and Hydraulic Materials in Pavements, Bitmat 4, Nottingham, 257-260.
5. Rockliff, D., Moffett, A., Thomas, N. (2002). Recent developments in the use of steel slag aggregates in asphalt mixtures in the UK. Proceedings of the 4th European Symposium on Performance of Bituminous and Hydraulic Materials in Pavements, Nottingham, 5.
6. Pascal, S., Jan-Erik, L., Maria, A., Paul, F. K. (2009). Reproducing ten years of road ageing – accelerated carbonation and leaching of EAF steel slag. International Journal of Highway Engineering, 17, 1, 25-33 DOI : https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2015.17.1.025
7. Morone, M., Costa, G., Polettini, A., Pomi, R., Baciocchi, R. (2014). Valorization of steel slag by a combined carbonation and granulation treatment. Mineral Engineering, 59, 82-90.
8. Ellis, C. (1999). Performance and durability aspects of asphaltsincorporating electric arc furnace steel slag aggregates designed for use in thin pavement surfaces. Proceedings ofthe 3rd European Symposium on Performance and Durability of Bituminous Materials and Hydraulic Stabilized Composites. Leeds, 221-238.
9. State Committee for Construction, Architecture and Housing Policy. (1999). DSTU B B.2.7-71-98 Crushed stone and gravel from dense rocks and industrial wastes for construction works. Methods of physical and mechanical tests (GOST 8269.0-97). State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
10. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2008). DSTU B B.2.7-149:2008 Crushed stone and crushed stone-sand mixtures from metallurgical slags for road works. Specifications. ). State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
11. Technical Committee for Standardization TC 305 “Building Products and Materials”. (1998). DSTU B B.2.7-74-98 Large natural fillers, from industrial waste, artificial for building materials, products, structures and works. Classification. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
12. . Technical Committee for Standardization TC 305 “Building Products and Materials”. (1998). DSTU B B.2.7-75-98 Rubble and gravel are dense natural for building materials, products, structures and works. Specifications. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
13. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2013). DSTU B B.2.7-30:2013 Non-metallic materials for gravel and gravel foundations and road surfaces. General technical conditions. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
14. Research Institute of Construction Production. (1995). DSTU B B.2.7-35-95 Crushed stone, sand and crushed stone-sand mixture of blast furnace and steelmaking slag for general construction works. General technical conditions. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
15. Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and housing and communal services of Ukraine. (2015). DBN B.2.3-4:2015 Motor roads. Part I. Design. Part II. Construction. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
16. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2016). DSTU-N B B.2.3-39:2016 Guidelines for the arrangement of layers of pavement made of stone materials. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
17. Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and housing and communal services of Ukraine. (2012). DSTU B B.2.7-119:2011 Asphalt concrete mixtures and road and airfield asphalt concrete. Specifications. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
18. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2015). DSTU B B.2.7-305:2015 Road bituminous-mineral mixtures. General technical conditions. Specifications. State Standard of Ukraine, Kyiv.
19. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2014). SOU 42.1-37641918-124:2014 Black rubble for road works. Specifications. Ukrainian Organization Standard, Kyiv.
20. DerzhdorNDI SE. (2011). SOU 45.2-00018112-061:2011 Building materials. Organo-mineral road mixes from the milled materials of road clothes made by a method of cold recycling. Specifications. Ukrainian Organization Standard, Kyiv.