© Olena Slavinska, Doctor of Technical Sciences (D.Sc.), Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-9709-0078;
© Andrii Bubela, Candidate of Technical Sciences (PhD), Associate Professor, e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0002-5619-003X;
© Lyudmila Bondarenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences (PhD), Associate Professor, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-8239-065X;
© Oleksandr Chechuha, Candidate of Technical Sciences (PhD), Associate Professor, e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0003-1643-6354
National Transport University, Department of Transport Construction and Property Management
WATER DRAINAGE REGIME FOR ROAD CONSTRUCTION
Abstract. To determine the condition of the road structure after the passage of spring water and rain, a study was carried out on the erosion of the slopes of the earth. The subject of the presented study is the process of surface drainage from the road structure in the event of critical cover rain. The aim of this work is to define the water drainage regime for surface sediments from the road structure on the basis of experimental studies. The experiment was carried out to determine the water absorption and discharge according to the properties of the soil of the earthen fabric on a special simulator of the road structure: Earthen cloth from the supressed soil; layers of road clothing and shallow transverse drainage with chipping kernel. During the pilot studies, the amount of water absorbed and discharged from the trench and the time of its discharge were measured. The conditions of drainage from road construction under the influence of surface sediments are investigated. The moisture regimes of the soil surface of the earth bed are defined, which are divided into 3 phases: absorption, not absorption and stabilization. According to the results of the research, based on the methods of mathematical statistics, unified equations of the correlation-regression model on forecasting of the water drainage regime of a ditch have been constructed, depending on the initial volume of water and the initial moisture content of the soil surface. The regression relationships obtained make it possible to predict the amount of water drained from the road structure over a certain period of time for the field conditions.
Keywords: drainage, pavement, road structure, earth canvas, embankment, absorption, sloping.
1. Nie, Ru-song. (2018). New Structure for Strengthening Soil Embankments. Advances in Civil Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4809034.
2. De Oña, Juan & Osorio, Francisco. (2006).Using waste to reduce slope erosion on road embankments. Proceedings of the ICE. Transport, 159, 1. 15–24. https://doi.org/10.1680/tran.2006.159.1.15.
3. Yihua Nie, Saiqian Tang, Yang Xu, and Kunli Mao. (2018). Numerical analysis and comparison of three types of herringbone frame structure for highway subgrade slopes protection. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1955, 1. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5033612
4. UKRAVTODOR. (2018). Klimatychni kharakterystyky ta klimatychne rayonuvannya terytoriyi Ukrayiny dlya rehulyuvannya vodno-teplovoho rezhymu v dorozhnʹomu budivnytstvi. Dovidnyk No 4. [Climatic characteristics of climatic zoning of the territories of Ukraine for the regulation of water-thermal regime in road construction. Directory No 4]. NTU. 98. Retrieved from http://online.budstandart.com/ua/catalog/doc-page.html?id_doc=80182
5. Hmurman, V. (2003). Teoryya veroyatnostey y matematycheskaya statystyka: Ucheb posobye dlya vuzov. 9-e yzd. [Probability theory and mathematical statistics: Textbooks for universities. 9th edition]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 479. Retrieved from http://lib.maupfib.kg/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Teoria_veroatnosty_mat_stat.pdf
6. Ohirko, O., Halayko, O. (2017). Teoriya ymovirnostey ta matematychna statystyka: navchalʹnyy posibnyk. [Probability theory and mathematical statistics: a textbook]. Lviv, LVduvs, 292. Retrieved from http://dspace.lvduvs.edu.ua/bitstream/1234567890/629/1/теорія%20ймовірностей%20підручник.pdf