© Serhii Kovalov, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D.), Senior Research Officer, e-mail: email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0002-3107-530X (SE «State Road Transport Research Institute»)
DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTRONIC CONTROL SYSTEM GAS ENGINE WITH GROUP INJECTION OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS
Abstract. The advantages of the use of vehicles of liquefied petroleum gas as a motor fuel in comparison with diesel fuel have been substantiated. Expediency is shown converting diesels vehicles into gas internal combustion engines with forced ignition. An electronic control system for gas internal combustion engines with spark ignition has been developed for operation on the LPG. The system consists of two main subsystems, as well as a subsystem for controlling the filling of the cylinders with the charge of the working mixture. Subsystems are controlled by an electronic microprocessor control unit (hereinafter – ECU). The developed control system is capable of providing group injection of LPG into the inlet pipe of each cylinder into the zone close to the inlet valve. The principle of operation of the electronic control system for gas internal combustion engines with spark ignition is described. A special electronic microprocessor-based ECU Avenir Gaz 37 of level “B1” has been developed and manufactured. On the basis of the D-240-LPG gas internal combustion engine of level “A”, by replacing the power supply system and supplying the LPG (through the gas-air mixer) to the inlet pipeline with an accumulative multipoint injection subsystem of LPG of the Common Rail type, a gas internal combustion engine D-240-LPG of the B1 level was created “. Conducted tests of the D-240-LPG-B1 gas internal combustion engine with a developed electronic control system and an Avenir Gaz 37 level B1 ECU at idle. The tests have confirmed the efficiency of the developed Avenir Gaz 37 ECUs of the B1 level and the control system as a whole.
Keywords: gas internal combustion engine model Д-240-LPG-B1, electronic control system for gas internal combustion engine, electronic control unit Avenir Gaz 37 level “B1”, group injection of liquefied petroleum gas.
1. Kovalov, S. O. (2018). Rozroblennia ta doslidzhennia perspektyvnykh system upravlinnia hazovymy DVZ z prymusovym zapaliuvanniam, na bazi konvertovanykh traktornykh dyzeliv. Rozroblennia elektronnykh system upravlinnia i rehuliuvannia, system zapaliuvannia ta zhyvlennia hazovym DVZ (promizhnyi). [Development and research of perspective systems of control of gas engines with forced ignition on the basis of convertible tractor diesel engines. Development of electronic control and regulation systems, ignition and supply systems with gas DICs]. Zvit pro DKR (promizhny`j). DP «DerzhavtotransNDIproekt», Kyiv, 95. № DR 0119U100202, inv. № 0219U100202.
2. Kovalov, S. O. (2018), Rozroblennya elektronnoyi sistemi upravlInnya gazovimi digital ami z primusovim zapalyuvannyam, pereobladnanimi na bazi dizelIv dlya roboti na zridzhenomu naftovomu gazi [Development of electronic control system for gas engines with forced ignition, retrofitted on the basis of diesel engines for operation on liquefied petroleum gas]. Scientific and production magazine “Autoshlyahovyk Ukrainy”, 4, 12–18.
3. Kovalov, S. O., Plis, S. V., Kovalchuk, V. V. (2020), Patent of Ukraine for a utility model № 142853. The control system of the gas internal combustion engine with spark ignition and electronic control unit. № u 2020 01334 it is stated 27.02.2020; it is published 25.06.2020. Bulletin № 12.
4. Kovalov, S. O. (2019). Rozroblennya ta doslшdzhennya gazovogo dviguna D-240-LPG, konvertovanogo na bazi traktornogo dizelya [Development and research of gas engine d-240-LPG converted on the basis of a tractor diesel”, Internal combustion engines] , 2, 18–25.
5. Kovalov, S. O. (2019). Combustion chamber for gas-engines, converted on the basis of diesel to work for on liquefied petroleum gas [Kamira zgoryannya gazovogo DVZ, konvertovanogo na bazi dizelya dlya roboti na zridzhenomu naftovomu gazi]. Internal combustion engines, 1, 15–20.
6. Kovalov S. O. (2020). Rozroblennya mikroprotsesornoyi sistemi upravlinnya gazovimi DVZ iz poslidovnim vporskuvannyam gazovogo paliva [Development of a microprocessor control system gas engine with sequential injection gas fuel]. Internal combustion engines, 1, 44–51.
7. Bosch R. GmbH. (2003). Ottomotor-Management. 2 Auflage. Chefredaktion: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Horst Bauer. Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden, 418.
8. Kovalov, S. O. (2020). Ukrainian patent application for a utility model № u 2020 03041 it is stated 21.05.2020. The control system of the internal combustion engine with an electronic control unit, to ensure group injection of gas fuel.
9. Regulation No. 67 LPG vehicles. Retrieved from http://continent-online.com/Document/?doc_id=31475494
10. National Standard of Ukraine No. 7434:2013. (2014). Wheeled vehicles. Requirements of safety for construction and technical condition of gas fueled wheeled vehicles and methods of inspection. Kyiv, 28.