Olexandr Pavlenko, PhD, Associate Professor, e-mail: email@example.com, ORCID: 0000-0001-8277-340X (Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi National University);
Serhii Dun, PhD, Deputy Technical Director, e-mail: Sergey.Dun@kraz.ua, ORCID: 0000-0002-0090-2261 (Private Joint-Stock Company “AutoKrAZ”)
Maksym Skliar, PhD, Postgraduate in Economics, Head of Quality Management Department, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, ORCID: 0000-0002-0543-5383 (Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi National University, Private Joint-Stock Company “AutoKrAZ”)
DETERMINATION OF PERFORMANCE INDICATORS OF THE TRUCK KrAZ-6510TE
Abstract. In any economy there is a need for the bulky goods transportation which cannot be divided into smaller parts. Such cargoes include building structures, elements of industrial equipment, tracked or wheeled construction and agricultural machinery, heavy armored military vehicles. In any case, tractor-semitrailer should provide fast delivery of goods with minimal fuel consumption. In order to guarantee the goods delivery, tractor-semitrailers must be able to overcome the existing roads broken grade and be capable to tow a semi-trailer in off-road conditions. These properties are especially important for military equipment transportation. The important factor that determines a tractor-semitrailer mobility is its gradeability.
The purpose of this work is to improve a tractor-semitrailer mobility with tractor units manufactured at PJSC “AutoKrAZ” by increasing the tractor-semitrailer gradeability. The customer requirements for a new tractor are determined by the maximizing the grade to 18°. The analysis of the characteristics of modern tractor-semitrailers for heavy haulage has shown that the highest rate of this grade is 16.7°.
The factors determining the limiting gradeability value were analyzed, based on the tractor-semitrailer with a KrAZ-6510TE tractor and a semi-trailer with a full weight of 80 t. It has been developed a mathematical model to investigate the tractor and semi-trailer axles vertical reactions distribution on the tractor-semitrailer friction performances. The mathematical model has allowed to calculate the gradeability value that the tractor-semitrailer can overcome in case of wheels and road surface friction value and the tractive force magnitude from the engine. The mathematical model adequacy was confirmed by comparing the calculations results with the data of factory tests.
The analysis showed that on a dry road the KrAZ-6510TE tractor with a 80 t gross weight semitrailer is capable to climb a gradient of 14,35 ° with its coupling mass full use condition. The engine’s maximum torque allows the tractor-semitrailer to overcome a gradient of 10.45° It has been determined the ways to improve the design of the KrAZ-6510TE tractor to increase its gradeability.
Keywords: tractor, tractor-semitrailer vehicle mobility, tractor-semitrailer vehicle gradeability.
1. Heavy Equipment Transport. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.gruasyaparejos.com/en/heavy-equipment/heavy-equipment-transport/.
2. Westwind Wind Farm. (2019). Retrieved from https://www.tranzcarr.co.nz/major-projects/wind-farm-projects/westwind-wind-farm/.
3. Engineered Support Receives $27 MillionU.S. Army Contract for Tank Transport Trailer. (2018). Retrieved from https://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/4187/us-army-orders-tank-transporters-%28jan.-23%29.html.
4. Heavy Equipment Transport System. (2020). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Equipment_Transport_System.
5. M911 AND M1070 HET IN ACTION. (2019). Retrieved from https://daviddoylebooks.com/us-military-vehicles-post-wwii-introduction/het-wpxcg.
6. Merkava Mk 4 tank during transport. (2020). Retrieved from
7. Watch: Army battle tank still on the road at Oliviershoek Pass. (2020). Retrieved from
8. KrAZ photo 6446 : photo#06/8. (2020). Retrieved from http://a2goos.com/photo/md/kraz-6446/06/.
9. Bronetankova i spetsialna technica. Catalog produksii DP «UkrOboronProm» (2020). [Armored and special equipment. Product Catalog Ukrainian Defence Industry «UkrOboronProm»]. Retrieved from https://ukroboronprom.com.ua/uk/product_catalogue.
10. Litvinov А.S., Farobin Y.Е. (1989). Аvтомоbil: Теоriya expluatacionnih svoistv: Uchebnik dlya vusov po spetsialnosty «Avtomobili i avtomobilnoye khozyastvo». [The theory of operational properties. Textbook for high schools in the specialty «Automobiles and motor vehicles»] Moscow, Mashinostroenie, 240.
11. Na Poltavschini avtobus і kilka marshrutok zastryagli v snigovich zametach (2019). [In the Poltava region, a bus and several minibuses were stuck in the snow]. Retrieved from https://dt.ua/UKRAINE/na-poltavschini-avtobus-i-kilka-marshrutok-zastryagli-v-snigovih-zametah-297976_.html.