Oleksii Timkov, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D), e-mail: email@example.com, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7925-7030
Dmytro Yashchenko, Candidate of Technical Sciences (Ph.D), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3674-0089
Volodymyr Bosenko, assistant, e-mail: вosia4ok@ukr.net, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2126-3902
(National Transport University)
EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES OF CAR PROPERTIES ON A PHYSICAL MODEL
Abstract. The article deals with the development of a physical model of a car equipped with measuring, recording and remote control equipment for experimental study of car properties. A detailed description of the design of the physical model and of the electronic modules used is given, links to application libraries and the code of the first part of the program for remote control of the model are given.
Atmega microcontroller on the Arduino Uno platform was used to manage the model and register the parameters. When moving the car on the memory card saved such parameters as speed, voltage on the motor, current on the motor, the angle of the steered wheel, acceleration along three coordinate axes are recorded.
Use of more powerful microcontrollers will allow to expand the list of the registered parameters of movement of the car. It is possible to measure the forces acting on the elements of the car and other parameters.
In the future, it is planned to develop a mathematical model of motion of the car and check its adequacy in conducting experimental studies on maneuverability on the physical model. In addition, it is possible to conduct studies of stability and consumption of electrical energy.
The physical model allows to quickly change geometric dimensions and mass parameters. In the study of highway trains, this approach will allow to investigate the various layout schemes of highway trains in the short term. It is possible to make two-axle road trains and saddle towed trains, three-way hitched trains of different layout.
The results obtained will allow us to improve not only the mathematical model, but also the experimental physical model, and move on to further study the properties of hybrid road trains with an active trailer link. This approach allows to reduce material and time costs when researching the properties of cars and road trains.
Keywords: car, physical model, experiment, road trains, sensor, remote control, maneuverability, stability.
1. Dyachuk, M. V, Petrenko, D. I. (2008). Study of the car’s handling on a model with three degrees of freedom: Bulletin of the Pridneprovsk State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture. (6, 7), 55–59.
2. Sakhno, V. P., Kostenko, A. V. (2006). The choice of factors in the planning of the experiment for the study of course stability: Project management, system analysis and logistics. Scientific journal, (3), 137–140.
3. Abramova, L. S., Kapinus, S. V. (2006). Simulation model of vehicle movement during maneuvering: Scientific and Technical Collection “Municipal Economy of Cities”. (69), 221 – 228. http://eprints.kname.edu.ua/1691/
4. Hukhman, A. A. (1973). Introduction to the Theory of Similarity. Vysshaya shkola, 296 p.
5. Sedov, L. Y. (1987). Methods of similarity and dimension in mechanics. Moscow, Nauka, 432.
6. Venykov, V. A., Venykov, H. V. (1984). Similarity and simulation theory (applied to the problems of electricity). Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 439.
7. Kyrpychev, M. V. (1953). Similarity theory. AN SSSR, 94.
8. Venykov, V. A. (1976). Similarity and modeling theory. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 479.
9. Syedov, L. Y. (1967). Methods of similarity and dimension in mechanics. Moscow, Nauka, 428.
10. Arduino Uno Rev3. Retrieved from https://arduino.ua/prod32-arduino-uno-rev3
11. ADXL345. Retrieved from https://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADXL345.pdf
12. Programming and Calibration. Retrieved from https://learn.adafruit.com/adxl345-digital-accelerometer/programming
13. Library Adafruit_ADXL345. Retrieved from https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_ADXL345
14. Library Adafruit_Sensor. Retrieved from https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Sensor
15. DataSheet BT0417C. Retrieved from https://arduino.ua/docs/BT0417C_datasheet.pdf
16. Bluetooth-HC-06. Retrieved from https://arduino.ua/prod936-bluetooth-hc-06
17. List of AT commands. Retrieved from https://arduino.ua/docs/BT0417C_ATcommand.pdf
18. Bluetooth-Module HC-05. Retrieved from http://robocraft.ru/blog/electronics/587.html
19. Modyle SD Card. Retrieved from https://arduino.ua/prod589-modyl-sd-card
20. Guide to SD Card. Retrieved from https://randomnerdtutorials.com/guide-to-sd-card-module-with-arduino/
21. Bluetooth modules and Arduino code. Retrieved from https://sites.google.com /site/bluetoothrccar/ home/3Bluetooth ModulesAndArduinoCode
22. RC-controller. Retrieved from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=braulio.calle. bluetoothRCcontroller&feature=search_result