Mikhailo Bezrodnyi, Head of Quality Management and Management System Certification Department (SE “State Road Transport Research Institute”), e-mail: email@example.com; ORCID: 0000-0002-9005-5624
DETERMINATION OF AUDIT TIME OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Abstract. It’s given an approach for determination and calculation by Certification Bodies the audit time of quality management systems for all types of audits (initial management systems certification audits: stage 1 plus stage 2, surveillance audits, re-certification audits) on consideration of size, structure, types of activities, processes, products, services and complexity of quality management systems of client organizations.
The methodology for determining audit time of quality management system takes into consideration the type of audit to be conducted and any type of locations of a client organization (e.g. permanent site or temporary site, that both may be physical or virtual site), remote auditing activities (off-site activities) and whether an organization operated a management system over multiple sites, various working shifts or outsourced part of its functions or processes for externally provision (outsourcing).
This methodology also is considered by taking into account factors for it’s adjustments that need to be considered to increase or decrease audit time.
An algorithm of calculation of labour-intensiveness of activities for quality management system evaluating has been developed. It’s considered an application of the algorithm on the example of an imaginary organization.
The adoption of the methodology for determining audit time of quality management system for all types of audits will be useful for application to different interested parties, such as certification bodies or theirs clients or others.
Keywords: audit, audit day, audit time of quality management system, certification audit, duration of quality management system audit, effective number of personnel, multi-site management system, permanent site, risk, quality management system, recertification audit, risk category, surveillance audit, temporary site, virtual site.
1. CASCO. (2013). ISO/IEC TS 17023:2013 Conformity assessment — Guidelines for determining the duration of management system certification audits, 7. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3403/30278880
2. CASCO. (2015). ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems — Part 1: Requirements, 48. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3403/30295031U
3. IAF MD. (2015). IAF MD 5:2015 IAF Mandatory Document. Determination of audit time of quality and environmental management systems, 26.
4. National Standard of Ukraine. (2015). DSTU EN ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015 (EN ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015, IDT; ISO/IEC 17021-1:2015, IDT) Conformity assessment — Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems — Part 1: Requirements. Kyiv, 50. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.31030/2306543
5. IAF MD. (2018). IAF MD 1:2018 IAF Mandatory Document for the Audit and Certification of a Management System Operated by a Multi-Site Organization, 19.