Larysa Bodnar, Head of Bridge Management State Department;
Petro Koval, PhD, Lead Researcher;
Sergii Stepanov, Researcher;
Liudmila Panibratets, Researcher
(the State Enterprise “M. P. Shulgin State Road Research Institute”)
OPERATIONAL STATE OF BRIDGES OF UKRAINE
Abstract. A significant part of Ukrainian bridges on public roads is operated for more than 30 years (94 %). At the same time, the traffic volume and the weight of vehicles has increased significantly. Insufficient level of bridges maintenance funding leads to the deterioration of their technical state. The ways to ensure reliable and safe operation of bridges are considered.
The procedure for determining the predicted operational status of the elements and the bridge in general, which has a scientific novelty, is proposed. In the software complex, Analytical Expert Bridges Management System (AESUM), is a function that allows tracking the changes in the operational status of bridges both in Ukraine and in each region separately. The given algorithm of the procedure for determining the predicted state of the bridge using a degradation model is described using the Nassie-Schneidermann diagram.
The model of the degradation of the bridge performance which is adopted in Ukraine as a normative one, and the algorithm for its adaptation to the AESUM program complex with the function to ensure the probabilistic predicted operating condition of the bridges in the automatic mode is presented. This makes it possible, even in case of unsatisfactory performance of surveys, to have the predicted lifetime of bridges at the required time. For each bridge element it is possible to determine the residual time of operation that will allow predict the state of the elements of the structure for a certain period of time in the future.
Significant interest for specialists calls for the approaches to the development of orientated perspective plans for bridge inspection and monitoring of changes in the operational status of bridges for 2009-2018 in Ukraine. For the analysis of the state of the bridge economy, the information is available on the distribution of bridges by operating state related to the administrative significance of roads, by road categories and by materials of the structures.
Determining the operating state of the bridge is an important condition for making the qualified decisions as regards its maintenance. The Analytical Expert Bridges Management System (AESUM) which is implemented in Ukraine, stores the data on the monitoring the status of bridges and performs the necessary procedures to maintain them in a reliable and safe operating condition.
An important result of the work is the ability to determine the distribution of bridges on the public roads of Ukraine, according to operating conditions established in the program complex of AESUM, which is presented in accordance with the data of the current year. In conditions of limited funding and in case of unsatisfactory performance of surveys, it is possible to make the reasonable management decisions regarding the repair and the reconstruction of bridges.
Keywords: bridge management system, operating condition, predicted operating condition, model of degradation, bridge survey plan, highway bridge.
1. Minrehionbud Ukrayiny. (2009). Mosty i truby. Osnovni vymohy proektuvannya: DBN V.1.3-22-2009. [Bridges and pipes. Main design requirements: DBN V.1.3-22-2009]. Kyiv, National Standart of Ukraine.
2. SE “M. P. Shulgin State Road Research Institute”. (2019). Analitychno-ekspertna systema Ukrayiny. [Analytical and expert system of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://dorndi.org.ua/ua/analitichno-ekspertna-sistema-upravlinnya-mostami.
3. Bodnar, L. P., Lantukh-Lyashchenko, A. I., Kanin, O. P., Koval’, P. M. & Fal’, A. Ye. (2011). Analitychno-ekspertna systema upravlinnya mostamy. Dosvid vprovadzhennya. [Analytical and expert system of bridge management. Experience of introduction]. Dorozhnya haluz’ Ukrayiny, 7, 42–47.
4. Bodnar, L. P., Kanín, O. P. Programniy kompleks AESUM. Dosvíd vprovadzhennya, suchasniy stan ta napryami podal’shogo rozvitku. (2012). [Program complex AESUM. The experience of implementation, the current state and directions of further development.]. Kharkiv, Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference with the participation of students and young scientists “Modern computer-innovative technology design, construction, maintenance of roads and airfields”, 30-35.
5. Bodnar, L. P., Panibratets’, L. H., Zavhorodniy, S. S. & Chursin, O. P. (2016). Suchasnyy instrument upravlinnya mostamy. [The modern bridge management tool]. Kyiv, Dorozhnya haluz’ Ukrayiny Journal, 4, 46–51.
6. Bodnar, L. P. (2013). Analiticheskaya ekspertnaya sistema upravleniya mostami. Opyt vnedreniya. Sovremennoye polozheniye. Perspektivy razvitiya. [Analytical expert control system for bridges. Experience of implementation. The current situation. Prospects of development]. Vilnius: Engineering, Sbornik statey 16-y konferentsii molodykh uchenikh «Nauka – budushcheye Litvy» Inzheneriya transporta i organizatsiya perevozok. Vil’nyus: Tekhnika, 263–268.
7. Bodnar, L. P., Kanin, A. P. (2016). Zadacha obosnovaniya strategiy ekspluatatsii mostov na avtomobil’nykh dorogakh”. [The task of substantiating strategies for the operation of bridges on highways “]. Minsk, Mezhdunarodnaya nauchno-tekhnicheskaya konferentsiya «Avtomobil’nyye dorogi: bezopasnost’ i nadezhnost’»: Sbornik dokladov, 179–183.
8. Bodnar, L. P. (2018). Analitychna ekspertna systema upravlinnya mostamy. Dosvid vprovadzhennya ta perspektyvy rozvytku. [Analytical expert system of bridge management. Implementation experience and development perspectives]. Uzhhorod, Zbirnyk tez Mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi «Aktual’ni problemy remontiv ta utrymannya mostiv».
9. SE “M. P. Shulgin State Road Research Institute”. (2013). Nastanova z otsinyuvannya i prohnozuvannya tekhnichnoho stanu avtodorozhnikh mostiv : DSTU-N B.V.2.3-23:2012. [The direction for estimating and forecasting the technical condition of road bridges: DSTU-N B.V.2.3-23:2012]. Kyiv, National Standart of Ukraine. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36100/dorogimosti2018.18.107
10. Shesterikov, V. I., Gorobets, L. I., Matveyev, I. K. Upravleniye sostoyaniyem mostovikh sooruzheniy na federal’noy seti avtomobil’nykh dorog Rossii: Obzor. inform. Moscow, FGUPInformavtodor, 2, 96. Retrieved from http://internet-law.ru/stroyka/text/56251/
11. Sarja, Asko & Vesikari, Erkki (Ed.). (1996). Durability design of concrete structures. RILEM Report of TC 130-CSL. RILEM Report Series 14. E&FN Spon, Chapman & Hall. 165.
12. Shneiderman, Ben. (2003). A short history of structured flowcharts (Nassi-Shneiderman Diagrams). Draft.
13. Thompson, P., Small, E. P., Johnson, M., Marshall, A. R. (1998). The Pontis Bridge Management System. Structural engineering international, 4, 8, 303–308. https://doi.org/10.2749/101686698780488758
14. Yanev, B., Rene B., Testa. The Management of Bridges in New York City. Retreieved from http://onlinepubs.trb.org/onlinepubs/circulars/circ498/v1_C05.pdf
15. SE “M. P. Shulgin State Road Research Institute”. (2009). Sporudy transportu. Mosty ta truby. Obstezhennya i vyprobuvannya: DBN V.2.3-6:2009. [Construction facilities. Bridges and pipes. Inspection and testing: DBN V.2.3-6: 2009]. Kyiv, National Standart of Ukraine. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36100/dorogimosti2018.18.107
16. Bodnar, L. P., Koval’, P. M. & Stepanov, S. M. (2018). Kryteriyi formuvannya planiv obstezhen’ mostiv. [Criteria of formation of plans for survey of bridges]. Kyiv, Avtoshlyakhovyk Ukrayiny Journal, 2, 254, 34–42.